Monday, May 17, 2010

Ashokan Farewell


if my older sister, brynna, sees this post without my accrediting her for it- she will hurt me. sooo, brynna, i give you the honors. anyway...
this glorious picture displayed on the right is of the talented Jay Ungar who composed the haunting fiddle piece called "Ashokan Farewell." ever since i can remember, dad has blasted this song through our speakers. this song is so nostalgic for me. when i happen to hear it over the radio, i immediately envision myself drifting to sleep in the backseat of my dad's old station wagon after a long day of ice fishing out on the lake. i've come to love this song more and more each time i hear it. it's melody is simply one-of-a-kind...the kind that i call "timeless" or "eternal"...it's something that, to me, has always been and always will be. it just happened to be captured in writing in the year of 1982. here's a link if you want to learn more about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6dxrhqPZY

No comments:

Post a Comment